Aromatherapy massage techniques involve using the hands to perform some soothing movements on the skin to promote absolute relaxation and mental well-being. The main aromatherapy massage techniques applied on the body include movements like stroking, rubbing, kneading and pressing on the body.
Blends of oils used in aromatherapy massage techniques
Since a long time, the aromatherapy massage techniques have been used to soothe the mind and body of all. The aromatherapy massage techniques use essential oil and cream blends, which are extracted from aromas of flowers, stalks, leaves and roots. Aromatherapy massage techniques work wonders on the people suffering both physically and psychologically.
Different types of aromatherapy massage techniques
The importance of aromatherapy solely lies on the aromas like jasmine, ylang-ylang, rose, sandalwood etc. When the person smells the aroma, it reaches the limbic part of the brain and controls all emotions and stresses that impart a healing sensation to the mind and body.
Following are the different types of aromatherapy massage techniques used by the healing practitioners to soothe the mind and relax the body:
– Swedish Massage – this massage technique includes kneading, friction, tapping and shaking motions, which affects the nerves, muscles, and blood circulations and promotes health and well-being.
– Pregnancy Massage – it includes long gliding strokes, friction, tapping and kneading motions to prevent discomforts in the feet, back and legs.
– Sports Massage – this includes long stroked techniques blended with compression, cross-fiber friction and pressure point therapy. It reduces the risk of injury and muscle pains in an athlete.
– Orthopedic Massage – this massage combines the techniques of stretching; neuromuscular therapy and myofascial release to heal the body from pain free joints and provide complete structural balance.
– Thai Yoga Massage – this massage technique includes the dynamic blending of yoga stretches, acupressure and combination of various massages like Swedish massage, Ayurvedic massage and neuromuscular massage.
Benefits of aromatherapy massage techniques
A close research shows that aromatherapy massage techniques can create miracles on the body of an affected person. Where medicine fails, the aromatherapy massage techniques flourish to ail every disease of mind and body.
Following are the beneficial effects of aromatherapy massage techniques:
– Help to prevent anxieties, stresses, bronchitis, insomnia and headaches
– Relieve chronic problems like asthma, eczema and digestive problems
– Prevent acne, fungal infections, broken and infectious skins, and high/low blood pressure and epilepsy
Undergo the aromatherapy massage techniques to get the best results and a soothing relief from the conventional medical treatments.